According to a Hubspot Content Trends Survey, video is the number one choice when it comes to what consumers want to see from brands and businesses they support. If video is something that you have always wanted to explore with your business, but you felt it was out of the reach of your marketing department or budget, you are in luck. Video marketing has come a long way in our culture and there are hundreds of platforms to help make it economical and easy for your business.
Video Marketing Increases Return on Investment (ROI)
While consumer demand is an enticing reason to jump into video on its own, it’s not the most important reason. Video marketing gets results!
- Video marketing increases SEO– Search Engines prioritize websites that use video resulting in an increase in organic traffic of 157% and overall traffic by 55%.
- Video advertising helps businesses grow- Businesses that use video grow revenue 49% faster than those who don’t use video.
- Video content increases conversions- Campaigns that use video content as opposed to other types increase landing page conversions by up to 80%.
Creating a quality video can be affordable, but it’s not always easy.
What Kind of Videos Can I Build?
If you are considering doing more video in your marketing and customer relations efforts, you need to know what consumers are interested in. Below is a list of video ideas and examples you may want to consider.
- Branded Videos– Create a video that shows off your company and what its brand means to the consumer.
- Case Studies– Show off the great work you did for a client.
- Customer Testimonials– Have a customer who wants to tout your great work? Put them on camera!
- Product or Service Demos– Show off a new product or service.
- Explainer Videos– Take a known customer pain point and create a video that shows how your business soothes that pain point.
- Interviews– Whether it is a customer, employee or expert in the field, interview videos give you a chance to showcase industry knowledge, perspective and advice.
- Event Videos– If your business regularly attends events (digital or otherwise), shoot videos of the event to show how active your business is in the community.
- How-to Videos– Teach your customers something that makes their life a little easier. Make your company a go-to brand for advice and information.
- Live Videos– Perform a webinar, go live from an event or just start a video to have a little fun. Your customers will notice and maybe even participate.
- Personal Video Message– Whether it’s a thank you note to a customer or an interactive replacement for an email, personalized video messages can be a breath of fresh air and one that your customers and clients will appreciate.
What are Some Tips to Create Great Videos?
Videos are not all created equal. Earlier, we mentioned that consumers LOVE video. They also are used to making and watching videos. That means that you can’t just slap a video together and expect them to watch. The video must meet their expectations of a quality video. Here are some tips:
- Utilize high definition (HD) video.
- Square video works best for mobile.
- 85% of videos are watched without sound – use captions!
- Consumers have short attention spans, so keep your videos to 2 minutes or less.
- Consider video builder platforms for easy creation.
Creating quality video can be affordable, but it’s not always easy. You have to have consumer knowledge, design skills, the ability to write a narrative and, most importantly, you will need to know HOW to use it. If you want to build video marketing into your business’ normal messaging, Next Horizon is here to lend a helping hand.
Next Horizon provides holistic technology solutions for businesses looking to improve profit, increase agility and optimize productivity. From deploying dedicated development teams to building bespoke business applications, Next Horizon uses its 40+ years of experience and award-winning talent to provide technical business solutions for its clients.