Pinterest for MarketingFebruary 24, 2014 8:18 pm | Published by Next Horizon
Recently updated on August 26th, 2022
The rise of social media outlets like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter has inevitably changed the way businesses market themselves online. While many internet marketing campaigns are relying on social media to promote their content, many are forgetting about one important player: Pinterest.
Yes, Pinterest is known for its primarily female fanbase, however, the site has grown to over 70 million users in a little over 3 years. Pinterest is now a great tool for marketing your business.
Here we’ve laid out some tips on how you can utilize Pinterest for your business:
Start by looking at what’s “Popular
- Browse Pinterest’s “Popular” category to brainstorm and come up with some ideas. Part of Pinterest’s magic is engaging with other users, so seeing what’s popular now can provide multiple opportunities in getting your name out there.
Be engaging (interact with others)
- Following up on the first tip, don’t just limit your activity on Pinterest for posting your own content; you can use it as a networking tool as well. Don’t just post your own pins and be done.
- Follow other boards, re-pin interesting pins, and write your own comments on re-pins. In other words, DO NOT use Pinterest solely on promoting your business.
- If you are posting interesting content that people want to see, this will help to create brand recognition and brand loyalty simply because your brand will be attached to interesting images.
Be original with your content
- Popular content on Pinterest includes infographics, photographs, and other graphical media. Up to 80% of all pins are re-pins, so it’s important to have original content that people will want to naturally share. Again, this is one of the best ways to promote your business and get your brand name out there.
Be consistent across multiple social media outlets
- If a potential customer sees your campaign on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram, they’ll be more likely to remember you and/or your content.
- Remember to make sure your content is entertaining, share-worthy, and not disruptive. Again, be ENGAGING!
Use content found on Pinterest to blog
- Find an interesting infographic or photograph that you want to elaborate on. Write your own blog post based on the pin to further elaborate on that topic rather than just sharing (make sure you get permission from the original poster and give them credit!). This is also a great way to connect with other users and share content.
There are many ways to use Pinterest to market your business; the objective is to get creative and think outside the box because the possibilities are endless.
Next Horizon provides our dedicated team of experts to align your business goals with tangible digital marketing strategies that give you deeper insights into your ideal customer, with innovative, cost-effective services.Digital Marketing, Marketing, Tip
Categorised in: Digital Marketing, Internet Marketing, Social, Web Design