Recently updated on February 27th, 2023
Online Ecosystems Are Ever-Evolving
Whether Google updates its search algorithms or a new content management platform emerges and gains popularity, each shift in the market should inform and guide the process of updating your website.
If you don’t change or are too slow to change, the market and your influence within it will diminish. Failing to meet the expectations of your clientele and standards of your industry, especially for business and eCommerce websites, leaves you vulnerable. It gives competitors an opportunity to gain market share.
About Search Engine Rankings
When you update your website with accurate information, search engines such as Google and Bing are more likely to rate your website’s content is highly relevant. This typically improves search ranking position meaning that your website has a higher likelihood of placing on the first page of relevant search results. Search engines also take into account how mobile-friendly, quick to load, and ADA compliant your websites are when ranking search results.
Relevant updates can be as simple as creating blogs and updating information on your home webpage. We recommend doing this monthly to more involved tasks such as a complete redesign of the website. Regardless of your approach, whether you are making frequent website updates or not, search engines are actively crawling your website and comparing it against competitor offerings when determining search rankings. Based on this information, do you feel confident that your website is achieving the best search ranking possible?
How Do I Know When It’s Time To Update My Website?
That’s a great question and one we help clients answer. Our traditional process takes into account data related to the industry, company size, unique value proposition and competitors. The questions below help identify specifics about your website that need to be addressed along with areas for improvement.
- Outdated design: If your website looks old or dated, it may be time for a redesign. A modern, up-to-date design can improve user experience and make your brand look more professional.
- Poor mobile responsiveness: If your website is not optimized for mobile devices, it can hurt your search engine rankings and make it difficult for users to navigate your site on their smartphones or tablets.
- Slow loading times: If your website takes a long time to load, it can frustrate users and hurt your search engine rankings. Updating your website with faster loading times can improve user experience and search engine rankings.
- Poor search engine rankings: If your website is not ranking well in search engines, it may be time to update your website with fresh content, optimized metadata, and other SEO best practices.
- Change in business goals: If your business has undergone changes, such as a rebranding or expansion, it may be time to update your website to reflect these changes.
Over the coming weeks, we’ll release a series of blogs covering each of these questions. They will contain in-depth and the value each update provides to your website, business growth, and clientele.
In the meantime, we’d love to learn about the answers you have gained so far. Allow us to support your growth through meaningful website enhancements. Get in touch with our team of website experts now by emailing Davia Moss at email@example.com.
Next Horizon provides our dedicated team of experts to align your business goals with tangible digital marketing strategies that give you deeper insights into your ideal customer, with innovative, cost-effective services.web design, website design, website ux
Categorised in: Digital Marketing